Thursday, June 4, 2015

Best Professional Artist


              I ranked four of the five nominees.  One nominee didn't include any work in the packet and the only results to my search were improbably large breasted women in impractical armor.  


My first choice was Julie Dillon.  Her stuff is incredible.  My biggest issue with it is I want to READ the novels that go with them, and they don't exist.  These worlds she created for her art are fascinating.

The other three are apparently from a puppy slate, but they appear to be talented professionals and I ranked them in the order they appealed to me based on their submitted works.

**Note: I set as one of my rules for myself that if I couldn't finish it, it didn't get ranked.  I think I am going to have to break that one.  I don't think I'm going to be able to get into The Three-Body Problem.  It's just not grabbing me.  I'm not nuts about a bunch of Asmov's stuff either, but I'm glad I read it.  I may be able to read this at another time, so I will rank it above no-award.

No comments:

Post a Comment