Sunday, October 6, 2013

Please re-open my government...

I wrote to my congressman today.  I do it regularly, both of my senators are people I agree with politically, so poor Rob Wittman of the Virginia First gets all my spleen vented upon him.

He is donating his salary to charity during the shut down.  I appreciate the gesture.

He is NOT on the list of the 32 Republicans responsible for the shut down.  That's nice.

He supports back pay for workers affected by the shut down.  And while that is nice, I want to know if he also supports them making up the lost work? (I realize this is unfair and impossible, but you see my point.)

The sheer waste going on in scientific research laboratories makes me want to weep.

The ACA or "Obamacare" is not perfect.  But its a start.  The majority of Tea Partiers intend to collect Medicare and Social Security, programs that were controversial in their day.

Every single person I meet who opposes "Obamacare" has health insurance.

I am uninsured, it is not offered through my job.  I support the ACA.  I may pay the fine this year, but I am so excited about being able to shop for insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment