Sunday, March 24, 2013

How Wrong Can You Be?

Without ever realizing it, I had lumped my three favorite NPR hosts into the category of gay New York Jews.  This is a prejudice, but it is a category of people I am generally fond of, so it is a relatively benign prejudice.  After finding out that Ira Glass was married, I checked on the other two.  Married to women with children.  While that is not necessarily make them not gay, it doesn't seem very likely.  So, none of them are gay.  Whoops.

So now I have to wonder, where are they from?  Ira is from Baltimore, and Michael Feldman, with his wife and two daughters, born and raised in Madison, Wisconsin.  Which leaves me with Peter Sagal, resident of Chicago and married father of three.  He was born in New Jersey.  30 miles from New York.  At this point, I'll take it. 

Thankfully (?)  they are in fact, all Jewish.  I am reminded of that awful woman on the West Wing who equated New York with being Jewish.  Pissing off Toby and/or Josh (Jewish character played by an Episcopalian.)  I don't like thinking of myself as being in the same category.  I will think on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment