Friday, February 12, 2016

Random

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don’t just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." --James D. Nicoll  


Me on Reddit:  People choose the option that is least frightening. They may be more afraid of giving up control, then they are of being sick or dying. People will choose the strangest things to be controlling about. The only time I have turned anti-vaxxers around is by knowing them over time. They still don't love vaccines, but they get their kids vaccinated to make me happy. They trust me and I trust vaccines. And I'm so obviously worried about them choosing not to vaccinate. As you continue your education you will discover how often we fly in the data-free zone. In those situations I let the patient pick the option they like best.

No comments:

Post a Comment