Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ann Curry, For Better, For Worse

I like Ann Curry well enough.  She reminds me of myself, good and bad.  I felt very sorry for her when she was forced out of the Today show; I've been fired a time or two.  But my sympathy has not been so great afterwards.

She behaved like a fragile damsel.  There's nothing to put people off the victim of a situation than acting like a victim.  Also, despite the difficulties, she still had a job with an income.  A rather good income.  My mother used to tell me that bosses hire you to solve their problems, not to solve yours.  No one made Ann Curry work in the highly competitive realm of network news.

I had not realized that Ann Curry had a husband and two children.  I visualized her as a single, childless woman whose whole identity was the job. Okay, now I'm over it.  Sorry your job didn't work out.  Time to woman up.

No comments:

Post a Comment