Sunday, July 29, 2012

I proposed the following:

The clinic I worked at belongs to a group of charity providers who refer to local doctors through an agency. The agency was complaining that too many referrals were marked "ASAP" I recommended to following urgency levels"
  1. Urgent: I already scheduled the appointment, please try to catch up the paper work before the doctor sees this patient: tomorrow / 2 days (circle one). 
  2. Next available: Don't worry its not soon enough I'll call the other physician's office manager and get it moved up. 
  3. Don't hurry: I need to convince the patient we're doing something while s/he gets better on his/her own. 
  4. Never: If you could just lose this referral, you would be doing me and the referral physician a favor.
Wonder why they turned it down?

No comments:

Post a Comment