Thursday, September 3, 2015

Hugos 2016

I was a first time Hugo voter. I paid for my own membership. I did not vote in every category (I ran out of time & energy). With one exception, in every category in which I voted I attempted to read every entry. With one exception if I didn’t finish it, it went below No Award. In no category in which I voted was No Award ranked first. I will be nominating for Worldcon74. Give me a list of things you think are good, and in the novella, novelette and short story categories, I will read them. I am not promising to read a 10-20 novels.  And I am probably not interested enough in FanCasts and related works to be useful.
Some of the puppy choices were excellent. ‘Totaled’ and ‘Ashes to Alluvium’ stood out. Some didn’t interest me. Some were awful.
I will not boycott any publisher for anything less than slave labor.  I will not “boycott” any author, I just don’t read what I don’t like.

No comments:

Post a Comment